Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Doina Levintza



Doina Levintza was born on February 1, 1959. She is a famous Romanian designer.

Biography and Career :

Doina Levintza started her career creating costumes for TVR - Romanian National Television together with the director Alexandru Bocanet. Her first international appearance was in Paris, 1984. She is the first east-European designer who has been accepted in the New York Fashion Week Model "7th on Sixth".

Doina Levintza created a lot of fashion shows in Romania and not only and after 1990 she got her own modeling agency specialized in theatre and film costumes and also on fashion. Her name is famous all over Europe and United States due to he r high number of exhibitions realized in Paris, Monte Carlo, London, Washington and New York.

Quotes :

- Inspiration? Generally I dream with my eyes opened. I have my own world where I find my resources. I could get inspired by some of my moods, or one of my dreams could become true.

- My chance to design a costume and to make from it my own play with imaginary actors gathering from me substance and spirit.

- My childish gladness followed me all my life when designing and maybe that's why I still keep creating characters

Trivia :

- She has a TV Show named "Levintza Prezinta" on Prima TV.
- She loves sculpture and she studied architecture

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ROMANIA © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*